HELP - Self Priming ??? M38A1 DualAction Fuel Pump

From: Thomas M McHugh (tmmchugh@msn.com)
Date: Thu Sep 02 2004 - 11:18:35 PDT

A reply from Doug Stober, asked a few questions & here are the answers.

It ran fine up until last week.

The line from the fuel pump has been blown out & it was clear. The fuel
pump was rebuilt with all new parts & diaphragms.
The flex line from the gas inlet line to the fuel pump was replaced with a
new line. The gas tank is only 4 years old. When I took out the fuel
filter & cut the filter element off the line, I used a new gasket. At that
time I also siphoned out any sediment in the fuel tank, although it had very
little.

HELP - need more hints & troubleshooting ideas.

Tom