Re: [MV] Axle conversion

From: Bob Ternes (racecadet@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Sep 03 2004 - 09:21:47 PDT

Just a warning with regards to USA 6x6. There
have been some issues with this vendor as far as
parts availabilty and communication. Back in the
day, it was my understanding the disk kits that
Daniel (the owner) sold weren't actually created
by him, more like he was a pass-through vendor.
My warning stems from my observance that in the
past few years, many in the offroad crowd have
had less than positive dealings with this vendor.
I have personally never purchased from USA 6x6
myself (I was really really close at one point,
this was before the hoopla), but I have spoken
and met a few of those who have had negative
post-sale experiences with USA 6x6. Hopefully he
has resolved whatever issues that stood between
him and providing good product and experience,
and for all I know, he may have an exemplary
reputation and quality service these days.
Hopefully, USA 6x6 finds itself in the business
of being a reseller, since from what I'd heard
about production quality on parts directly from
USA 6x6, the strength of the business seemed to
be more in solution matching.

By the way, Steve Gerstner at Differential
Engineering is the real deal and has disks for
the 2.5T's. Steve has extensive experience with
the 2.5T housing.
http://differentialeng.com/

Some feedback on usa6x6:
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=277574
One of the posts on here is from a vendor
slagging him - granted, this is in the offroad
world where there might be less restraint from
vendors than in other industries, but as I
understand, Daniel had even left some other parts
vendors out to dry in the past.

By the way, Randy Ouverson makes some killer
shaft upgrades for the 2.5T housings:
http://ouversonengineering.com/

Finally, I have a complete pinion brake setup
that I'm trying to divest myself of - $250
shipped from Boulder, CO. Light me up with an
email if you're interested. I worked out my own
disks for the rear and so this setup has been
obviated. ;)

Cheers
Bob Ternes
1968 M35a2 / general axle freak