HMMWV woes

From: Brian Shook (shookysmvs@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Sep 07 2004 - 18:39:22 PDT

Been working on my HMMWV for a while now off and on. Original motor smoked
and missed pretty bad. I bought a almost new GM Goodwrench motor with no
miles
on it from a fellow. Motor had set for a few years though. I got it put in
and
now this motor smokes and misses too. Only thing I used over from the swap
was
the injection pump from the original 6.2.. I bought and am using rebuilt
injectors. The smoke is a whitish/ blue/grey smoke that is very potent. Both
motors sound the same and smoke the same with the miss at idle and clears
some
through out the rpm range, but smokes like a freight train. Surely this
motor is
not bad too. Could this be the injector pump that has caused all of my
troubles?

Also, now my power steering pump is pushing power steering fluid out its
vent
out the top. And will not steer. I guess from all that sitting around the
steering pump has went bad too.

If any of you diesel guru's have any ideas, I'm all ears.

Thanks,
Brian