M1031 maint truck

From: Mike and Cheryl (mleaton@netins.net)
Date: Tue Sep 07 2004 - 20:03:51 PDT

I wrote earlier of our Fire Dept had the option of getting
the above truck. Well I convinced enough people and we
need to go pick it up. Truck has set for possibly a year. I
need to take a couple batteries and check fluids and see if
it will start. I need your advice on what needs to be done
before and during the starting process. I am not familiar with
the CUCV and need to know what idiot lights and what should
happen, how long glows should cycle. Any help appreciated.

I need to thank everyone for the advice earlier on this truck, I think
I responded to all I received, but may have forgot some.

Also tried to go on LOGSA and find manual for Maintenance Body.
It has a Generator (maybe Alternator) PTO driven and a air compressor.
The model is a 1990 AGO-10 and NSN is 4940-01-209-882 and another
3 stamp after it. I haven't had anything new enough to go to LOGSA and
I thought there was a way to use NSN as one of the numbers it ask for, but
didn't get it figured out.

Truck is a 1986 M1031 with 18,918 miles.
Body US Army Contract Maint, AGO-10, date 9-90

I will post some pictures of it when we get it. It is setting between a 5
ton
wrecker and a M1009 Blazer (at the DNR), so I can't get a good picture
right now.

Thanks
Mike in Iowa
mleaton@netins.net