Re: [MV] I feel so alone - not the case!

From: Douglas Greville (dgrev@iinet.net.au)
Date: Tue Sep 07 2004 - 20:13:24 PDT

Everyone

> Well it's been 48 hours since I received any mail from "the list". This
> test is the first step I am taking to resolve this problem.
> If some one out there could email me direct and let me know this came though
> I would appreciate it. I hope I am the only one with reception issues. My
> email account is working, I just emailed myself.

Please remember that there is a parallel list at <MVlist@egroups.com>
which was originally created to act as a back up when Arthur's list
went bunt up a couple of years back. It is also there for those of us
who got a bit tired of the deluge of M37 chatter at the time.

The list fuhrer (Richard Notton) does exercise a moderator function
if things get out of hand (flame wars, US politics etc).

There are quite a few people who
for incompatibility reasons with their ISP servers and Arthur's
server cannot subscribe to Mil-veh and thus can only chat on the
egroups list. So by not being subscribed to both, you are actually
missing out on some good input.

It is the reason you will quite often see messages with 2 list addresses
as in the address info for this one.

So, we do have redundancy and you are not cut off from the MV world
when Arthur's list has one of it's not so often gliches.

Oh, it would be nice manners to keep the egroups list ticking over with
chatter rather than just using it as a back up!!!

Regards
Doug

                 Armoured Vehicles Collector
        _______
      _/_(_o_)_\_ ____
    _/|___|_|___|\_ /____\
   / [___] [___] \ Douglas Greville _/[o]___\_
  /\_ [o] [o] _/\ Broken Hill __/=_|____|_=\__
  |w|\u u/|w| Australia |w| \ / |w|
          M8 Ferret

                     dgrev@iinet.net.au