WWII Lube Trailer Info

From: Keith Dewey (dewey@windermere.com)
Date: Wed Sep 08 2004 - 12:20:46 PDT

I've acquired the above but it is missing a bunch of stuff. The trailer
would be 1/4T. typical lunette/landing leg assembly with chains. The "A"
frame angles down to the axle. The axle makes a square S at each end so
that the spindle is aft of the center line about 4 inches. No coil or leaf
springs but has a coil spring at either end wrapped around the axle and
welded to the frame so that when the wheel moves up or down it torks the
spring, torsion bar? Standard 16 inch jeep wheels, may of had combat rims
but doubt it. The fenders are round and full skirted down to the frame
where they mount. It may of had a 55 or 60 gal square tank mounted on it
and a manual or gas powered pumping system to deliver fluids to the vehicles.

It was towed by a jeep down the debarkation line to top off or fill the
fluids in the vehicles waiting assignment to the combat units. Each trailer
may of carried a dif. fluid like gear oil or motor oil.

Anybody have any info including pix's, manuals or clarification on the
above info, it would be greatly appreciated. I intend to restore this rare
trailer. Tks, Keith Dewey, Pres, PSMVCC