Survived this one!

From: Recovry4x4@aol.com
Date: Wed Sep 08 2004 - 22:17:01 PDT

Greetings list from West Palm Beach area! Thanks for all the concerns on and
off the list. The family and self survived this one. We were just on the
outside edge of the south eyewall. Had 100mph+ winds for over 15 hrs. Lost about
20 trees but nothing else major. Wouln't ya know it that none of my generators
are working! Been without any utilities now since Saturday. An update on
juice is coming tomorrow night but rumor has it it could be as early as 7 days.
The fort and all the MVs survived without a problem. House is OK except for a
couple of minor things. Gas is at a premium, gotta drive 50 or so miles or wait
for hours in line. I'm now down to my last saw chain. Borrowed a small genset
and have a window shaker A/C unit so the family is surviving. We are
preparing for another possible hit too. Saturn Surplus was nice enough to send my
genset parts next day so I hope to have my generators up and running by the
weekend. It will be a while before I get back online so until then.....
Kenny