RE: [MV] Urethane paint

From: Glenn Shaw (mpmutt@mtaofnj.us)
Date: Fri Sep 10 2004 - 08:37:42 PDT

Hi
You need to get the FS std. color number for the 24087 and then have
them look in their paint matching computer for the formula. Dupont
Imron or Dupont Spies Hecker/Standox lines should have all the FS colors
plus the amount of flatener required. If you get a good guy on the
computer he can mix a polyurethane which will match good. It is great
paint for durability and especially if it is to be parked in the sun all
the time. Some shops have the system that optically matches the color
and gloss also. If you decide to do this make sure you know the paint
is very expen$ive compared to 25 bucks a gallon for Gillespie, AND have
then test spray a panel and let it dry to see if you like it before you
go ahead on the vehicle.

Later
Glenn
MVPA