Re: [MV] OFF TOPIC: Hoax document tactics

From: Steve Grammont (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Fri Sep 10 2004 - 11:28:36 PDT

>If I knew the documents were a fairly easily penetrateable fake, I would do
>exactly as Bush has done: i.e.: nothing. I'd let the fuss and publicity
>build and
>eventually (perhaps with a small behind the scenes push) have some uninvolved
>party expose the fakes. That way, the targeted person 'appears' to trip
on his
>own deception. MUCH more effective.

Agreed if one has the evidence to expose them as fakes in the first
place. The thing I see is that the charges against Bush aren't new and
yet he so far not been able to prove his case even before the documents
were released (which were withheld until a Freedom of Information Act
suit got them released IIRC). This issue aside, he still has to explain
not showing up for the medical test which led to his flying status being
revoked.

Usually the most obvious answer is the correct one. The two choices are
a grand and carefully executed conspiracy or a guy that used political
influence to get him out of going to Vietnam. Since the latter was quite
a common event in the Vietnam War (as it was for other conflicts before
and since) I'd say the more likely answer is not the cloak and dagger one.

Steve