Re: [MV] OFF TOPIC: Hoax document tactics

From: J. Forster (jfor@quik.com)
Date: Fri Sep 10 2004 - 13:12:46 PDT

What better way to discredit TRUE charges than to set up a poorly concealed 'red
herring' that will not withstand careful scrutiny?. The fakes need to be good
enough to fool the media long enough to be widely circulated. They will pounce on
the story as they have. When the story is in full bloom, the thing will come
crashing down, purging many of the TRUE charges with it. The US public is not
sophisticated enough to parse the difference, IMO. Remember, there is a long
history of dirty tricks in Presedential politics, going back to Richard Nixon's
Rat F&%$#@s squad.

-John