Re: [MV] Movement to ban private ownership of MVs gains momentum

From: Steve Grammont (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Fri Sep 10 2004 - 13:33:32 PDT

Hi Bruce,

> There is a lot of truth in what you say, but I still think that
>Davids point in being keenly observant regarding our conduct
>with our vehicles, is extremely important.

Oh heck yeah! I neglected to say that. I think David's point about the
responsibility of ownership extending beyond the financial transaction to
acquire one is 100% on the money. In addition to basic safety issues
I've maintained that displaying firearms on said vehicles in general
public use (as opposed to MV shows) a degree of caution should be
exercised. If you live in an area that doesn't mind this sort of thing,
GREAT... display away. But if you don't... for the sake of the hobby...
think twice about how and when you drive around with a real or dummy gun.
 The media loves to report stuff like this when there is a run in with
the law, and politicians love to "make us safe" from it ever happening again.

Steve