Re: [MV] Urethane paint

From: Brian Placzankis (plaz@mac.com)
Date: Fri Sep 10 2004 - 15:08:12 PDT

I'm not sure about OD but the new polyurethane based waterborne CARC
spec MIL-DTL-64159 (type II) can be had in 383 green and aircraft
green. Sherwin Williams, Hentzen, and Spectrum are all QPL vendors.
Any of them might have more info on the waterborne in an old school OD.
  I really like the UV and marring resistance.

http://www.arl.army.mil/wmrd/coatings/index.html (click on the tabs on
the left for good info)

http://www.arl.army.mil/wmrd/coatings/WaterCARC/watercarc.html

This definitely is not your father's CARC or your grandfather's alkyd
for that matter.

Purists may wish to stick with the alkyd based coatings but I am of the
opinion that if the color matches, then why not use something that is
technologically improved. A good analogy is my 67 Camaro that I
retrofitted with an electronic ignition to clear up all of my
"carburetor troubles".

plaz

1985 M1008