Re: [MV] Movement to ban private ownership of MVs gains momentum

From: Marc Strangfeld (curlyjoe98@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Sep 10 2004 - 14:52:18 PDT

David and list

First of all, David, if there is anything specific we
can do to help besides being safe and responsible let
us know.

Second, some of you may remember I was in an accident
not too long ago with my M35. I was rear ended by a
tractor trailer on the interstate. Since then I
should mention that I added reflective tape to the
sides and rear of the truck and trailer. I also use
an amber beacon at night. The recent 3000 mile trip
out west consisted of only 200 miles of interstate
travel which is perhaps the best safety precaution of
all. I also singled the truck out and gained 5 mph
which helps also. I would encourage others to take
similiar precautions rather than learning the hard way
like me. Maybe then our "doomed" hobby may be
prolonged.

As far as the off topic post's, I think the moderator
should erase them. If the problem persist's, boot
him/her off the list.

Sincerely,

Marc