Blow-by

From: Bjorn Brandstedt (super_deuce@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Sep 11 2004 - 02:47:12 PDT

Fellows, I see this list as a group of guys standing around and
talking/discussiing anything that seems appropriate at the time. Mostly
MV-stuff, of course, when the subject doesn't interest me, I just walk off
and toy with my deuce, there is always something new to work on or write
about.
Personally, I rarily read off topic posts.
The most irritating are the posts about posts that shouldn't be posted
because they are "off topic". I don't think David Doyle's post has anything
to do about some movement to ban MV's at all, it's about rules in general.
He is just trying to shake some people up a bit.

About back-up lights, in Virginia, if you install them, they have to be
activated when the transmission is placed in reverse. No separate switch. If
the vehicle didn't come with back-up lights, then they are not needed to
pass inspection. I use the shaft at the rear of the transmission to turn on
a limit switch for my lights and back-up alarm.

Today, I think I'll measure the crankcase pressure with a new extremly low
pressure gauge that arrived yesterday. It's a Magnehelic gauge, that
indicated inches of water, actuallly I got a couple on ebay and hopefully
the range will be right. 2-4 inches of water?

Our "fording pond" is coming along. With a concrete delivery on Monday it
should be ready for water by the middle of next week.

Cheers,
Bjorn
MVPA 19212
Meadows of Dan, Virginia