Re: [MV] Hurricane Recovery and Mil Vehicles

From: Patrick Jankowiak (recycler@swbell.net)
Date: Sat Sep 11 2004 - 21:20:30 PDT

On the weather / CB note, many CB antennas, especially those with
loaded bases (integral matching networks), loading coils, etc, do
poorly for WX reception. I have taken my CB and located the input
to the WX radio receiver (splits off the antenna input to the CB
RXVR), and brought a separate jack out the rear to plug in a
'scanner' antenna. Much better results!

Otherwise, using a 102" (or whatever length they are) steel whip
works well.