Re: [MV] CCKW brake system parts

From: Jim Gilmore (jgilmore@ptd.net)
Date: Mon Sep 13 2004 - 17:33:37 PDT

Steve wrote:
>".......As I have stated many times, the master on a CCKW is the
>same as an M35....."

  This is not entirely correct...........

   While a M-35 master cylinder is a functional replacement for the master cylinder for the CCKW they are not "the same".

   There are differences in venting and internals. Also, most M-35 master cylinders have mounting holes that are shallower than the ones in the CCKW. The necessitates the use of shorter bolts.

   We have replaced several CCKW master cylinders with M-35 ones but only because the replacement ones from NAPA were much more money.

  It should be noted that the M-35 master cylinder appears to be a functional replacement for the M-211/135 master cylinder BUT it is incorrect for this application. Use of a M-35 master cylinder in the G-249 series truck will cause problems with brake pressures as the internal valving is different.

   The M-35 master cylinder should NOT be used in the M-211/135 trucks.

Jim Gilmore