Diesel Truckin Nationals

From: Bruce Kalin (convoy@mtaofnj.us)
Date: Thu Sep 16 2004 - 22:06:15 PDT

I'm going to blow off driving to the Red Ball Show at Gilbert, PA this
weekend because the weather predictions are not that great. However, the
Diesel Truckin Nationals at Raceway Park near Englishtown, New Jersey
are scheduled for this Saturday, with a rain date for Sunday. Since this
isn't such a long trip for me (only about an hour and a half) I'm
planning on taking the deuce out for a run with the big boys.

There's lots of classes to compete in and tons of trophies. The few
requirements are that your vehicle has to have a diesel engine (duh) and
at least 20 inch wheels, plus you have to have an up to date
registration and insurance. There are many special classes, including
tractors, straight trucks, wreckers, buses and garbage trucks. Does
anyone have a military garbage truck? I don't remember ever seeing a
vehicle specific to garbage collection when I was on active duty. We had
civilian contractors haul the trash from the reserve depot.

Hope to see some of you there on Saturday or, Sunday if it's raining.

--
Bruce Kalin
Convoy coordinator