Re: [MV] Title for a MV bought as residue

From: Paul Farber (farber@f-tech.net)
Date: Thu Sep 23 2004 - 22:01:04 PDT

michael@tsixroads.com wrote:

>Anybody had any luck getting a MV titled that they bought surplus as residue? I just got two M1009's home today that were sold as RESIDUE -N0 TITLE, NO SF 97 WILL BE ISSUED. Apart form no doors and only one axle they are in pretty good shape. I was thinking that one could get a salvage title without too much trouble. I know it will vary from state to state but I thought I would see what others had done before I sink any more money in this project.
>
>Isn't there someone in middle TN with a lot of CUCV's?
>
>Mike
>Tishomingo, MS

There are services that 'buy' your vehicle in states that have much less
restrictive requirements than others (PA, NJ, NY all suck if you don't
have original title), they title them in THAT state and sell it back to
you. You then get the vehicle and a title for transfer into your state.
Its pretty cheap and the easiest way to get papers for MVs. Done all
the time for WWII jeeps/trailers etc. My Bantam trailer was sold bill
of sale. PA won't title it... so i'll have to go this route also.