Re: [MV] M35 cargo with dump

From: GOTaM35 (GOTaM35@joetrapp.com)
Date: Sun Sep 26 2004 - 14:50:23 PDT

I installed a dump kit on my truck about 2 years ago. Works great. Like
Mr. Arthur I installed mine in a way it is hard to detect. I installed a 6"
x 1/4" angle iron frame on the truck and set the bed in this frame. I think
the bed will support anything the truck will haul. I did this so I could
remove my bed in about 10 minutes and install my good bed with the bows and
canvas on it. I will be doing that in a few weeks before the annual
"Celebrate Freedom" show in Camden SC. I will photo the exchange.

I used a eletric pump insted of a pto driven unit. I was a little reluctant
to do this, but as it turns out it worked out good. The pump is under the
passengers seat. I still have my spair tire in place and I could have found
somewhere under the truck for the pump, I just wanted it to be weather
tight.

I took great effort to install the kit but only because I wanted the quick
connect bed. I feel confident I could install another in under a day. I
think anyone that can weld good could do it. If you installed the hinges at
the back first, then remove all the bed bolts, you should be able to lift
the bed with chain fall or backhoe, set the hoist in, weld it to the frame,
lower the bed, tack the bed to the hoist, lift the bed back up and weld it
out. Now doesn't that sound simple :-)

A dumping truck is nice. Even with all the new parts I used it only cost me
about $2000. You just have to watch those axle and drive shafts. They are
a lot higher on a deuce that a regular truck.

I took a bunch of picture of my truck and the dump a while back for a guy.
I have made a file with them and my gun ring up close as well as about 500
mb of pictures of guns and other MV stuff that I am sending on a disc to
anyone interested. You would of course have to send me enough stamps for
postage. I filled the disc up because I figured, why waist the space. It's
only 625 pictures.

Joe Trapp