Re: [MV] Duce won't run after fuel filters changed...

From: Kirk Thompson (mosen_temp@mosen.net)
Date: Sun Sep 26 2004 - 21:44:29 PDT

>OK I'm stumped. Can the truck run with a bad or very low output fuel
>pump... is that how it was running.

Yep. It can run even if the in-tank pump is dead. Mine did for months.

>Did putting the primary filter
>together correctly cause it to stop working? There seemed to be fuel
>flowing at the primary filter input when I removed the pipe and turned
>the switch on... but I didn't measure the pressure. Does anyone know how
>much pressure I should have at the input of the secondary filters? How
>about at the tank? Could there be something that is causing the fuel
>shutoff to be not opening at the injector pump? I can see the plunger
>move when the handle in the cab is pulled.

The [simplified] fuel circuit is: from in-tank pump to primary filter, to
injector pump, to secondary filters, returned to the tank. Turn on your
pump and listen if any fuel is flowing back into the tank. You could also
take the small fitting on top of tank, towards back, right (facing the
tank) and see if fuel is being returned.

>If I have to get to the tank pump... can this be done with the M35 box
>in place, or do I have to drop the tank?

Comes right out.