Re: [MV] commercial engine oil in Army tactical vehicles

From: everette (194cbteng@bellsouth.net)
Date: Sun Sep 26 2004 - 22:26:48 PDT

I may have a clue as to one item that could have added to the savings..

I (before GL) purchased lots of military surplus among which I purchased
engine oil. The drums of oil had a date on them, if not used before this
date they had to be inspected and redated. My information was that the
inspection involved someone looking at drum and ascertaining that seals were
still in place on drum openings. AFTER this date if they were not inspected
before date they were sold as surplus. I have purchased engine oil, diesel
fuel (no I do not know why they had diesel in drums) gear lube, hydraulic
oil, that were all in undented clean new looking drums and all that appeared
to be wrong was that date had expired.

Everette