M37 manifolds

From: Mike and Cheryl (mleaton@netins.net)
Date: Mon Sep 27 2004 - 20:27:31 PDT

I have NOS intake and exhaust. I bolted them together
to check surface of ends. Both outside exhaust
flanges (part toward block) are slightly lower than the rest.
I am going to have them planed. The rest isn't perfect, but
close. My gaskets look a little thicker for the outside, but they
are punched with a small burr and others are smooth (no burr).
My question is should flanges all be flat and level or is there a
difference. Is there a specific instructions that should be given to
the machine shop on method or what I want done. I can't see any
reason they should be offset, but for what it would cost me if I
screwed up, I figured I could afford the electricity for an email.

What grade of bolt should be used to bolt together manifolds?
Ord9 lists Screw, hex-hd, 5/16-18NC-2 X 2 1/2

Thanks
Mike in Iowa
mleaton@netins.net