Re: [MV] M35 Turbo upgrade: Thermocouple and Pressure Gauge

From: Dick (rertman@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Tue Sep 28 2004 - 02:21:23 PDT

Kirk, I've seen a lot of assorted tricks used to avoid dismounting the
turbocharger. Whether they work or not seems to a matter of luck. For me,
it comes down to a question of whether I'm willing to risk my turbo in
exchange for a little wrenching. If you decide to dismount your turbo,
remember to put a shop rag in the manifold between the engine and where
you're drilling, then deburr the hole inside the manifold. Remember to use
a shop vac to pull out any debris and, of course, to remove the rag.

Dick