Re: [MV] M37 manifolds

From: Fred Martin (mung@in-touch.net)
Date: Wed Sep 29 2004 - 07:13:48 PDT

Mike, it is one heck of a job to re-machine the flanges on a manifold
because of the special fixtures used when manufacturing them. I have
found thru experimentation that a decent industrial belt sander will do
a respectable job. It needs a fairly long flat surface under the belt
and you just sock the manifold on it and slide it back and forth, then
yank it off and check your results. On and off fast keeps you from doing
uh-ohs as much. I've done several like this and no rejects yet...your
mileage might vary. Fred Martin