Re: [MV] 10KW MEP-018A ?

From: Joe Foley (redmenaced@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Sep 29 2004 - 16:08:41 PDT

Don't put any load on them until you get the engine
RPM's set right, it will overload the voltage
regulator. Becareful not to have the load connected
while having the engine at idle.

The convienience outlets should be at 110-120 no
matter what the output switch is set at, that just
determines what you get from the big lugs under the
cover next to the control panel.

The knob that says "increase" with the arrow around it
will/should set that voltage up to spec, if not it's
possible that the voltage regulator has been changed
to a newer one and that potentiometer (variable
resistor) hasn't been changed to the correct value,
they are tough to find at the proper current rating
and they cost about $25 each. Mouser usually has
them.

You just won't get proper output unless the engine is
at 3600 RPM's.

Joe