Re: [MV] 10KW MEP-018A ?

From: Recovry4x4@aol.com
Date: Wed Sep 29 2004 - 16:14:56 PDT

I just thought of something. I'm going to refer to my 10KW sets as green and
tan. When I bought the green set I was aware that it wasn't making juice. The
tan one wasn't running at all. When I did initially fire the tan one the
linkage was stuck so I'm sure it revved above the 3600 RPM its designed to operate.
Does anybody think that this might have blown the regulator? Most replys I
have gotten lean towards the regulator of improper operating RPM. The Hertz
gauge is right at 60 Hz so its running at 3600. ALso, the governer has what
appears to be a tach drive. I wonder if thats what it is?
Kenny