Re: [MV] last Sunday's offroad adventure

From: Marc Strangfeld (curlyjoe98@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Oct 02 2004 - 20:10:23 PDT

Bruce and list,

I couldn't say for sure if the 5 ton has the same
style rear suspension but I would assume the 5 ton is
built to have extreme amounts of articulation also.
I believe the M35 is considered a walking beam rear
suspension. Remember, the spring pack isn't
necessarily compressed much, it's the center pivot
between the wheels that is doing all the work.

There is a good way to find out...

Marc

--- "Bruce C. Beattie" <bruce@eecs.berkeley.edu>