Re: [MV] M35 Turbo upgrade: Thermocouple and Pressure Gauge

From: Bjorn Brandstedt (super_deuce@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Oct 04 2004 - 03:12:47 PDT

You will probably have to replace both nuts and bolts when
removing/replacing the turbo. I had to drill through the nuts to break them,
a "nut cracker" didn't fit in the space. Yes they may be hard to remove.

My thermocouple is located in the exhaust manifold and I consistently read
1100 deg F when the engine gets loaded down (that's when I easy off a bit).
The heat energy of the exhaust is used to turn the turbo, reducing the temp
some 300 degrees. Down stream temp is lower, of course.

I have used a digital type (Fluke DVM) for a readout and the fast response
of that instrument showed peks of temperature never indicated on the regular
"analog" pyrometer gauge.

Bjorn
MVPA 19212
Meadows of Dan, Virginia