Re: [MV] 1966 XM408 6x6 Military Jeep Prototype

From: Larry Tighe (larryradio@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Mon Oct 04 2004 - 06:32:45 PDT

I've heard about and seen the 6x6 MUTT in books. This one looks nice. Have
to expect it's in good condition as it never went to work and filled its
underside with mud that stayed wet and rusted the vehicle.

However, my MUTT, in very good running condition is no power house with
those 4 little cylinders. I'm sure the 6x6 MUTT spends most of it's time
downshifted to get where it's going.....very little power to spare in a
"normal" MUTT.

I think it would be a "step up" for someone like Art Bloom, the M35 guy :>)

Lar
www.antiquetelephone.com