fuel

From: everette (194cbteng@bellsouth.net)
Date: Thu Oct 07 2004 - 14:37:02 PDT

Many years ago (more than I care to remember) I worked at a Planters Peanut
store and in store room we had a device to filter oil that we cooked
nutmeats in, it took out trash and water dirt etc., even left over taste
from what had been cooked before, was a tank that held about 20 gallons,
there was a paper filter that went in bottom over wire mesh support, then we
poured in about 5 pounds of diatomaceous earth (what talcum powder is made
from) dumped in oil, pressurized vessel to 5 psi. opened discharge valve and
caught clean fresh oil. Opened lid and disposed of filter paper and dirty
earth. I was there about a year and many hundreds of pounds of raw
nutmeats were cooked in the oil and it was never replaced with new.

Some sort of adaptation to this should filter used cooking oil enough to
make it alright for fuel

Everette