Re: [MV] speaking of fuel storage/stabilizing ( diesel)

From: SGM Eugene Pantano (truks@cs.quik.com)
Date: Thu Oct 14 2004 - 21:55:24 PDT

Seems like an awful lot of work for nothing..
The ARMY has a gadget you put in the barrel...and when you are ready to use
the fuel..you remove the device..and if "any" water has accumulated..it will
be in the gadget..and you simply swish it back and forth and the water goes
bye-bye. It is re-useable over and over...and will outlast us all... I have
some of them. They put them in the fuel tanks of the bigger trucks also..
You simply attach it to the chain on the cap..and drop it in the tank..
Every once in a while -- you pull it out and swish it in the air... They
work !!!!!
Also..if the cans are kept inside full of fuel..they will not gather any
moisture..
Gene