speaking of fuel storage/stabilizing ( diesel)

From: ygmir (ygmir@onemain.com)
Date: Thu Oct 14 2004 - 21:03:42 PDT

Hi all,
for those of us with fuel consuming M35's, etc......

I was thinking that if a person stored fuel in 55 gal drums, and, put a 3/4
inch pipe in the small end, with a Mylar balloon on it, it would allow for
expansion and contraction without allowing new air (along with water vapor)
into the container. wouldn't this keep water from accumulating?
I'm told most water in fuel that is stored comes from the exchange of
moisture laden air moving in and out of the container as the contents
expand/contract.
It would be nice to be able, if a person finds a good price, to store a lot
of fuel without having a large storage tank, with the associated air
exchange problems.
Any thoughts, folks?
Thanks,
Henry