Re: [MV] WTB: 24 VDC power supply

From: D O (dohe69@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Oct 18 2004 - 05:06:29 PDT

I made a 12v dc "generator" out of a 3.5 hp Briggs vertical shaft lawnmower
and a 55 amp Delco alternator. It is not capable of putting out the max
rated amps of the alternator, it bogs the motor down above approximately 30
amps or so (estimate, didnt have an accurate way to measure). Of course the
mower was a garbage pick, and is probably too tired to put out the full 3.5
hp.