Re: [MV] mil veh war story

From: Steve Grammont (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Tue Oct 19 2004 - 22:55:46 PDT

>Hey, lets get this back on topic. Anyone have any
>good photo's of Gulf War II vehicles? Did anyone
>else see the photo of the striker that took a
>500lb bomb explosion danger close (rolled it
>over) and drove away under it's own power. The
>suspension was pretty much gone, but she was able
>to roll under her own power.

I saw that! It was a 500 lbder? Geeze... Do you have a link to an
article of some sort? I only saw the video clip shot by the insurgents
who planed the thing. Or am I thinking of a different IED incident with
a Stryker?

Guess that's another nail in the anti-Stryker argument. So far the
prewar hoopla against Stryker has largely been proven to be... hoopla.
Of course that doesn't mean Styker is a silver bullet, just not the
complete failure the treadheads (and Gavin beneficiaries) tried so hard
to paint it as.

Thanks,

Steve