Re: [MV] mil veh war story

From: Joe Foley (redmenaced@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Oct 20 2004 - 17:32:38 PDT

> Come on Steve, you know it doesn't work that way
> in the military. The US is pretty good about
> having enough for the task. Look at the German
> campaign in 1940 against the French. The germans
> were seriously out numbered but they still swept
> the French units from the field. There was one
> scarey moment for the Germans with the British
> armor counter attacked at I think Arras. The
> Germans were reeling from that attack and it was
> something like a battalion of matilda I and IIs.
+++++++++
A better analogy would be the US anywhere in the
Pacific early in the war!

Wake Island would be a good place to start.

The US never had enough of anything there and the
supply lines were two months long!

A direct shot at Tokyo to avoid any contact with the
12 million man Japanese Army still in China at the end
of the war.

That whole scene was a crazy-assed desperation move
any way you add it up! Putting a 75mm cannon out the
front of a plane the size of a B-25? Absolutely
NUTS!!

The bottom line is that it WORKED. Because the people
in the field MADE it work!!!!!!!

Joe