Re: [MV] Stryker and thee 500lb bomb

From: Ryan Gill (rmgill@mindspring.com)
Date: Thu Oct 21 2004 - 09:49:39 PDT

At 12:32 PM -0400 10/21/04, Steve Grammont wrote:
>Hello Ryan,
>
>>Have you read CB's blog?
>
>I'm having trouble loading the link right now, but I'm sure its the same
>one I'm thinking of. A very interesting read for any reason, but
>specifically about Stryker in use.
>
>As for a picture of that Stryker that survived the 500lb bomb blast, a
>treadhead friend of mine sent this:
>
><http://www.strategypage.com/gallery/articles/military_photos_2004101123.asp>
>
>I think it is interesting to speculate on the physics involved. Perhaps
>the fact that it was able to roll with the punch, so to speak, allowed it
>to sustain less damage than if it had "stood its ground" as a heavier AFV
>might have. In any case, it is impressive that it was able to withstand
>this punishment and (supposedly) still drive away. Without meaning to

The Remote Weapons station also meant that the commander wasn't head
out and there to take the roll the bad way. He was probably down
inside tweaking the camera around looking at the IED and the Air
Guard dude was probably down under armor too.

--
--
-                 Data Center Operations Group                -