LED light question

From: John Brian Seeling (JBSeeling@cox-internet.com)
Date: Fri Oct 22 2004 - 06:48:15 PDT

I've got a deuce, half-track, and a friend that has a 25-ton pintle-hitch
lowboy trailer. I've used the deuce and friend's trailer to move my
halftrack, but his trailer is setup for 12-volt lights and the deuce has the
24-volt setup. So when I'm using his trailer, I use a 24-volt "light bar"
setup to give me tail lights, brake lights and turn signals. It's an 8-foot
piece of aluminum angle that uses a pair of 24-volt lights that I robbed
from a parts truck and a long extension cord that goes under the halftrack,
on the top of the trailer, up to my deuce pigtail. It's a convenient pain
in the ass, attaching it each time to the trailer with rubber "bungee
cords." I would like to change my buddy's lights, and just make a pigtail
adapter for my deuce so I could use his "standard" civilian wiring.

Are there any military-style LED lights that will work alternately on either
12 or 24-volts without changing anything other than the voltage source? If
so, who's got 'em and at what price? Even if I didn't use them on my
buddy's trailer, I would probably want them for my light bar, since I have
also used it on other "civilian" trailers that I pull behind my suburban;
but I had to change the pigtail and light bulbs to work on my "standard"
12-volt setup.