A case for the radiator/grill cover (M35)

From: Bjorn Brandstedt (super_deuce@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Oct 24 2004 - 16:53:44 PDT

Hello everybody,

Completed a 135 mile trip earlier today and had a digital thermometer hooked
up to monitor the coolant (engine temperature).
To my surprise, the temperature never exceeded 180 deg, most of the time it
ranged from about 160 to 177. The ambient temp was about 60 and the route
had lots of hills (high temp up. lo temp down). The speed ranged from 30 mph
going up some hills and 55-60 going down some.
The elevation ranged from 3000 feet (my home) to 4000 feet (destination).

I routinly use the grill cover when operating the crane since it is the only
way for the engine to reach operating temp (185), but I will now also leave
it on for future highway trips.

Something to think about.

A radiator shutter is another solution. Anybody know of one that would fit
the deuce?

Bjorn
MVPA 19212
Meadows of Dan, Virginia