5 ton transfer case problems

From: Adam Suess (ajsuess@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Oct 24 2004 - 20:10:39 PDT

Hello, I got stuck with my M54A1 and discovered the transfer case is not
working. the front axle will not spin foward but works in reverse. I hear
the air shift go when shifted from 1st to reverse or vice versa. Is the
sprag not reversing or is it bad? How do you trouble shoot one of these?
I've been using it as a grain truck on and off road. Thanks for any and all
info, Adam Suess