Re: [MV] Breaking beads down

From: uniquemachine@cybcon.com
Date: Tue Oct 26 2004 - 13:40:01 PDT

The first time I ever tried to fix a 11:00-20 tire I fought with it for a
couple of days. Beat on it, jumped on it, used the jack idea, even
put a board onto it and drove on top of it with my Chevy Blazer. All
to no avail!! Then comes along one of my customers and tells me
a trick they had when he was in Vietnam. I tried it and it worked
great!!! Just lay the flat tire on the ground and dribble a little diesel
fuel all around where the tire and wheel meet. Since the tire is
laying down flat, there is a little valley and the diesel oil sits in it
and seeps inbetween the tire and wheel. Give it a few minutes to
saok in and lube it up and the tire will almost fall off by itself.

Jon