RE: [MV] The long arm of the Law

From: Joe Garrett (j.garrett@verizon.net)
Date: Fri Oct 29 2004 - 09:39:55 PDT

Vancouver, eh??!!

Seattle here!!

Joe Garrett

-----Original Message-----
Behalf Of chance wolf
Sent: Friday, October 29, 2004 9:54 AM
To: Military Vehicles Mailing List
Subject: Re: [MV] The long arm of the Law

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joe Garrett" <j.garrett@verizon.net>
Sent: Friday, October 29, 2004 9:00 AM

> A good working definition of a tyrant is someone who wants everyone ELSE
> be disarmed.
>
> Joe Garrett

I like that. Consider it stolen.

Up in Vancouver we *generally* don't drive around with dewat or replica
weaps mounted on vehicles to/from our MVPA chapter events, but on those
occasions where we have, I can't recall a single problem with the local law
save for one instance where someone went downtown to work on his jeep with
his .50 on the pedestal and found himself nervously approached by a fair
number of boys-in-blue and their cars. Might be a safety-in-numbers deal
with us too, as six or seven historic MVs with weaps mounted is an "event";
where one guy with a .50 on an M4 pedestal is a "danger".