Dealing with MV driving & VETS EVENT

From: Jack (milveh@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Fri Oct 29 2004 - 10:50:15 PDT

I finally gave up putting a license plate on my deuce!

This thing got me pulled over with the same silly
question, "why do you have a civilian plate on an army
vehicle?" After a brief, but cordial explanation I
was on my again. But, after the 3rd time I decided,
heck, better to take it off what is getting me
stopped!

Never had a problem after that, recently sold it to a
guy in San Jose. Drove it to the bay area some 175
miles of freeway, never had a problem there either.
CHP just blinked the rear yellow at me once as they
passed.

I'm not advocating you to do this, I am just saying
what worked for me.

EVENT: By the way, if any of you live close to Chico,
CA., we are having a pretty big VFW event for this
coming Vets Day, 11/11/04, 0800 hrs till 1200 hrs at
the Elks Club and I could use some more MV's. Drop me
a note if you can make it. Jack