Re: [MV] The long arm of the Law

From: Dan Maguire (dmaguire@mchsi.com)
Date: Sat Oct 30 2004 - 17:51:26 PDT

I have always enjoyed only kind interest from members of the law
enforcement community here in Indiana. I expect it from the locals but
it has been the same elsewhere.

A year or so back I trailered my 1943 M3A1 halftrack (1-M2 and 2-1919A4s
- real but inactive) behind my 1963 M62 Medium Duty Wrecker across
Indiana to be in a parade with my father. Everytime I stopped at a gas
station for either gas (a lot in an M62) or to check the load both there
and back, I was met by the local officer who had been following me into
town who then looked my vehicles over while asking questions. They
almost always then radioed for their coworkers so that they could come
to the gas station and do the same. All very friendly but *very* time
consuming. It took 6 1/2 hours to go 130 miles.

Dan