Re: [MV] judging the information by the person delivering it

From: Steve Grammont (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Sun Oct 31 2004 - 08:24:53 PST

Well said Bob. Each to his own in terms of presentation style, but one
should never confuse personal presentation preference with the inherent
credibility of what is being presented. I mean, how many of you out
there fell asleep during science movies in school? I know I did! Just
because the format and presenters were as exciting as drying paint in a
rain storm, doesn't mean the content of what they were presenting was
boring or invalid in some way.

Mail Call doesn't appeal to many (like my wife), but that has absolutely
nothing to do with the content. If someone watches the show and dislikes
Gunny... fine, say so. Criticism of the show's content, without
presenting any evidence that it is flawed in any way, is rather
disingenuous and, from a critical standpoint, without value.

Hmmm... what's that old saying? Not sure if anybody here has ever heard
of this one... I'm stretching here to remember... hmmm... oh yeah!
"Don't judge a book by its cover". That's the one :-)

For what it's worth... whenever Mail Call has covered topics that I know
more than a little about I've not found any glaring factual errors. On
the contrary, I've usually been impressed with the detailed answers.
Most shows don't cover these topics and when they do they do it in one
sentence.

Steve