(no subject)

From: m35products (m35prod@optonline.net)
Date: Sun Oct 31 2004 - 13:08:14 PST

Doc:

You should advertise here, and in Military Vehicles Magazine and in Supply
Line, the ad magazine put out by the MVPA. The amount of work, time, parts,
etc. that you have in the vehicles, unfortunately, is no indication, nor a
guaranty, of what you will recoup from the sales. Most people who do a
restoration, or have one done for them, realize this. It is the nature of
vehicle restoration, generally, to lose money or not even to break even, and
it is even more true in the big boys' hobby of Uncle Sam's Green Trucks.

If you really want to move them quickly, and at the greatest possible return
on your investment, I would suggest that instead of classified ads, you
invest in a few insertions of a quarter-page display ad in MV Mag. There,
you will get the readers' attention, and be able to describe them in detail,
with pictures. Being prepared to email pictures, or snail mail some videos
of the trucks at work, is a plus, too.

When you advertise them, be sure to describe accurately exactly what was
done to the trucks, and be prepared to follow up with receipts and records
to substantiate the expenses. There are folks who would be willing to buy a
restored truck, if done accurately, and if you are patient, you will find
them.

Tell us, here, what you have, what's been done to them, and how much you are
asking. This forum is an amazing resource for widely-scattered and eclectic
markets. Good luck!

Arthur P. Bloom
www.M35products.com