Amazing Clarkair Dozer

From: Steve & Jeannie Keith (cckw@comcast.net)
Date: Sun Oct 31 2004 - 14:18:45 PST

Today my friend Bill Wolf with son and daughter helped me move a
1.5 ton WW2 Chevy cab and chassis with pushbar plowframe assy on it
from my place in Raymond NH to Pembroke NH.

As it turned out, my 1999 Blazer could not get enough traction to move the
truck that hadn't moved in 10 years and had some low tires.

We winched it out with my little ClarkAir Airborne dozer that some of you
may have seen at the Weare NH rally in July every year. We tied the little
4300 lb dozer to a couple different trees and using a snatch block pulled
the
Chevy out of the bushes and around another truck.

We then had to pull the chevy, 6061 lbs w/o the plow assy up two different
hills
in the driveway. We were not relishing the thought of using the dozer to
winch the truck up the hill a little at a time and using multiple tie points
for the
dozer.

We decided to try a direct pull with the little 60 year old dozer. She
struggled and
grunted and groaned, but she pulled the truck up both hills to a flat spot
where
we could load it onto Bills trailer!

I have had the little guy for about 8 years now, but this has really
impressed me
that she could both get the traction and pull the truck weighing 1.5 times
her
weight up hills!!!

Steve AKA Dr Deuce