Re: [MV] M37 cruising speed?

From: cgarbee@ipass.net
Date: Tue Nov 02 2004 - 14:15:53 PST

In MY m37, 75mph... Cummins 4BT/ZF S5-42 OD trans, front disc brakes, 4.89
gears, 900r16 Michelin XZL tires...

HIS M37 (stock) 45 is about it, maybee 50mph if he pushes it.

PeteR down in Florida has a fresh rebuilt engine and runs Bryan Sage's 900x20
rims with M35 rubber and runs at 60mph.

Have Adrian buzz me and we can talk about my selling him the parts I just pulled
from my M37: Cummins GM/Chevy flywheel adapter, GM flywheel, starter, clutch,
custom RangerOD/NP88950. He then can add a takeout Cummins 4BT, fabricate
some mounts like I have, install 4.89 gears, and then he to can cruise at 75mph
while getting 17mpg on the highway (with no loss of off road grunt). Make
sure he also springs for some disc brakes while he is at it, he will need the
whoa with the go...

I can also show him how to install a smallbock, but his gas mileage will still
be pretty bad (not as bad as stock, but bad...).

Of course, he can also leave his truck stock and spend more time waving at the
pretty girls that pass by as he motors down the road in style...

Best,
CGarbee