RE: [MV] M37 cruising speed?

From: Trish & Carla (wa6ube@tactical-link.com)
Date: Tue Nov 02 2004 - 14:53:50 PST

I agree .. my M37 would cruise nicely at 50-55. usually
I would stay between the two, ie 52-53MPH ...

After putting a larger 276ci dodge engine in it, I had to
reset the vacuum governor, as with the larger amount of air
the engine would pull, the speed was then limited to 43MPH ..

With the spring re-adjusted, it will max out now at 55 on level
ground ...

--
Patricia E. Gibbons & Carla Satra
Tactical Link Systems

Hi Mine always would do 50-55 no problem. It still sounded like it was going to come apart, but it was fine. Over that speed is a challenge for the stock Wagner Lockeed non self energizing brakes anyway. If you have a panic stop you literally would have to stand on them. I added the optional Hydrovac unit that Dodge had which made all the difference to have power brakes.

Glenn Formerly 4 Dodges