Re: [MV] M35 Exhaust Brake installation

From: James Shanks (n1vbn@arrl.net)
Date: Sat Nov 06 2004 - 12:19:37 PST

Bjorn,

         One thing you will enjoy with your new exhaust brake is when
engaged it almost stops all air flow through the exhaust pipe, this
dramatically slows down the turbocharger so when you put your foot back
into the throttle out comes this wonderful BLACK plume of smoke until the
turbo picks back up and the exhaust clears up. Absolutely great fer killing
Skeeters!!!

         There must be something wrong with me for I Love The Smell of
Diesel in the Morning.

Jim

At 12:53 PM 11/5/2004, Bjorn Brandstedt wrote:
>Hi,
>In the process of installining an exhaust brake on the deuce and have some
>preliminary pictures to show:
>
><http://imageevent.com/cranetruck/m35exhaustbrake>
>
>Looking forward to testing the system, possibly this weekend.
>
>I don't have any experience with this type of engine brake and welcome
>comments and suggestions.
>It should also help to speed up the warming up of the engine from what I
>have read, by keeping it closed during idle at start-up.
>
>Regards,
>Bjorn
>1968 M49A2C (originally)
>Meadows of Dan, Virginia (3,000 ft elevation and lots of hills...)

James Shanks
n1vbn@arrl.net
1985 M1009
1998 IMZ 8.103