new - to me - ebay scam

From: everette (194cbteng@bellsouth.net)
Date: Sat Nov 06 2004 - 18:34:10 PST

I bid on at item offered on ebay - did not have real need for the item but
it was priced cheap so I bid, was outbid and I made one more bid and
stopped. Day or so after sales closed I got an email from seller - at least
said was seller - Stating that the purchaser had backed out and if I was
still interested I could have the item for my last bid plus one dollar, I
replied "sure how do I complete the sale?".

I then got a reply that said -- I will call you and you give me your credit
card, or debit card information and I will ship merchandise.....

All sorts of bells and whistles went off in my head, I am going to give this
information over the phone to some individual I never heard of!!!!!!!!!! not
very likely

Everette